The problem was that I had written an Event Receiver to handle Item Added events for a custom list.
The handler simply creates a task in the Tasks list corresponding to the new item added to the custom list.
Do NOT try to manually get the list item in code and update a property on it because the optimistic locking mechanism in Share Point may throw an error later on when the operation associated with the event to which you are responding attempts to complete. uri=spotify:artist:4Kfw TCNq T3g Xele8WP3s5b&size=detail&theme=light So for the past week or so I’ve had this looming issue hanging over my head that I would try to nail down in-between other issues that I swear was going to be the death of me.I knew whatever it was had to be something really simple that I kept overlooking and something that, when I finally figured it out, would be quite .I had already covered all the basic things such as: I even went as far as completely emptying the body of the handler to see that in fact the event was firing twice.As with any problem, I always try to resolve it through the process of elimination by first isolating the core issue into a test project and therefore out of the primary project I’m experiencing it in because sometimes you can’t see the forest because of the trees. After creating the simple project, the problem was still there. The event wasn’t firing twice for the same list, it was firing for ALL Lists. I took another look at my event receiver I had added via Visual Studio to the project. Yes, I had left the file for the Event Receiver there, and therefore when the feature was activated for the project, the receiver got associated to ALL lists on the site.